Wednesday 11 March 2015

Green goodness or simply broccoli soup.



I have made this broccoli soup for you. It is a fuss free and very TASTY, not to mention suuuper HEALTHY recipe!! I love soups and the idea that it is a quick and easy way of eating vegetables and something warm. This could be a great lunch option with a sandwich on a side, or a low fat dinner with a goat’s cheese toast on top or a starter to a romantic dinner.



You will literary going to need five ingredients. You can even do it with four and it will still be DELICIOUS! And, I am pretty sure two of those ingredients you already have in your cupboards or laying around somewhere in your kitchen. So let’s put those potatoes and stock cubes into work, shall we.

Let’s begin with the list of INGREDIENTS:
  • 1-2 large fresh broccoli chopped into florets or a bag of frozen ones, which are already chopped making this process even easier
  • 1-2 stock cubes, either vegetable or chicken stock
  • 2-3 medium size potatoes, peeled, washed and quartered
  • 100 g bag or 2 handfuls of spinach (optional), wash if unwashed
  • 2-3 triangles of The laughing cow cheese

These differences in quantities depend on whether you want to make more or less of the soup. If you want less, just use the smaller number of the two suggested and this should make about three servings. The larger quantities should be enough for up to six servings.

So in this recipe I used a 1 kg bag of frozen broccoli. I wanted to make more of the soup, to be able to store some of it for later. I will give you an easy solution for how to do it, so it lasts for couple extra days in your fridge. This is my way of ensuring that I have something already made for those days that I am too busy to cook. 

METHOD:


  1. Start with washing the broccoli, even if it is frozen. Put it on the sieve and run the water through. Then place them into a large saucepan together with potatoes and pour enough water to cover the vegetables.
  2. Bring back to boil.
  3. Then turn it down and add stock cubes. Cover with the lid and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
  4. When the time is up, add the spinach. Mix well and cook for further 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Switch off.
  5. Add the cheese to the soup and blend using hand blender until all is nicely blended J
  6. Try the taste and add some black pepper and/or salt if necessary.


When the soup is still very hot, I transfer some of it very quickly into a 1 liter jar. Then I close it very firmly so that when the soup cools down, it releases the air and automatically seals the jar. You will hear this pop sound when it happens. It will not happen straight away, but it will when the soup is cooling. So this prevents the air and bacteria from getting in and therefore preserving it for longer. This can be stored easily for a week in the fridge. 


I love this soup and I have tested it on my friends and family with receiving many yumms and thumbs up. So it is time for you to try it and I hope you will enjoy this and I would love to hear all about it!



4 comments:

  1. Super!! brzmi tak smaakowicie ze napewno sprobuje i tego przepisu ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciesze sie ogromnie kochana! Daj znac koniecznie rezultaty!! Buzka

      Delete
  2. Wow I want to try this! But it's summer in Australia right now and much too hot for soup so I will wait until the weather cools down a bit xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this could even work as a gazpacho style soup, if you like cold soups. I haven't tried it though, just had an idea. But let me know what you think when you get to do the recipe in couple months time!! Big hugs from France ;-) xx

      Delete